Monday, February 9, 2009

WebQuests


Today, we worked with partners and created our own webquests in a Wiki. Our webquest was designed for first or second grade science. It was called "Too Many Animals" and the task was for the students to research different zoo animals and find out if the Knoxville Zoo has what they need to survive. I think this was a good activity to familiarize us with webquests and wikis. However, because all students may not have a computer or internet access, I think it is important for teachers to remember that webquest activities only be assigned to be completed while at school. Nevertheless, I think that webquests could be a very effective tool to use in the classroom and I am glad that I now have the knowledge and skills necessary to create one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment